Oakley Country Club
1996-1998 Watertown, Massachusettss
In November of 1898 the Cambridge Golf and Country Club changed its name to Oakley Country Club. The original Charles Bulfinch designed clubhouse was built as a residence in 1808. In 1963, fire destroyed the clubhouse and a new mid century modern structure was built. In 1996 a new addition was planned to provide for the
expanding club membership. The newly constructed clubhouse was completed for the Centennial
Celebration in 1998. The new clubhouse accommodates an expanding membership in an elegant style reminiscent of the turn of the twentieth century.
Client: Oakley Country Club
Status: Construction 1998
Size: 20,000 sf addition
Construction Cost: $4,000,000
Program: New three story addition housing meeting rooms, tavern with new bar, new kitchen, new men’s and women’s locker rooms, new dining area and wheelchair entry with elevator.
Services: Design Architects Bruner/Cott
Gray Architects Inc. Architectural final design and construction administration.