St. Anne Church
1978- 1980 Readville, Massachusetts
St. Anne’s Church was constructed in 1940 as a one story church. The structure was finished with a float roof and had the appearance of a sunken building. Over the years St. Anne’s used funds to build a school but was never been able to finish the church with a more appropriate appearance. Our firm was commissioned to study the feasibility of expanding the seating and providing a new image for the church. The design proposal recommended removing the existing roof and enlarging the structure to house the increased space needs. The existing flat roof was removed and replaced with a pitched roof. By regrading the site, the sunken exterior entry was removed and replaced with an on-grade, landscaped entry, eliminating the exterior steps and providing a handicapped accessible entry. Both the exterior and interior were completely refinished.